Dealing with regular aches and pain or chronic stomach upset that your doctor can’t explain?
Perhaps you’ve noticed that your health has been steadily declining and you have serious concerns?
Have you recently been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition and have no idea what to do next?
Then the Functional Medicine approach is definitely for you.
Sadly, conventional medicine is not equipped to deal with most of the issues at play with chronic illness including gut dysbiosis, hormone imbalances and lifestyle factors. While great at acute care, most conventional doctors lack the training to run the right tests and give you the appropriate lifestyle modifications so that you can finally be free of your symptoms without harmful medications.
Practitioners who are trained in Functional Medicine, get specific training in the delicate gut-hormone balance that so many people lack. When one of these systems is off balance, it impacts your whole body and can create a range of seemingly “unrelated symptoms” that your current care provider might have dismissed.
Sadly, most are instead given medications to manage symptoms associated with a body part that “isn’t working” when in reality, it’s oftentimes a systemic issue that needs to be addressed in a completely different way with lifestyle modifications.
In addition, the conventional medical approach also doesn’t consider that each person is born with unique health needs. Based on their genetic factors, the environment they were born into, what kinds of bacteria populate their gut, as well as what they are exposed to as they grow – each person’s body has a very unique health profile which means they need an equally unique healing protocol.
Conventional medicine is missing the mark when it comes to effectively treating many chronic illnesses, especially autoimmune, because they don’t do the correct testing and never address the factors causing the imbalance including environment, diet, hormonal imbalances, and food sensitivities.
That’s why Dr. Angela Carlson, ND follows a more modern “functional medicine” approach that incorporates advanced functional lab testing and relies on current nutritional science to help you rebalance and finally heal.
Plus, we will identify the specific triggers that may be throwing your body off balance, such as dietary triggers, lifestyle factors and even environmental toxins that can be blocking healing.
- Quality over quantity. Healing plans and protocols are only created after a thorough medical history, reviewing testing, looking at lifestyle factors that are contributing to illnesses, and even reviewing mindset blocks when it comes to healthy choices.
- Assessment, natural healing, and prevention are prioritized over wait-and-see treatment approaches.
- The most modern and advanced medical testing available is used along with natural forms of healing like upgrading your diet and healing herbs or supplementation with fewer or no side effects.
- Clients are taught how to take a more active role in their own health and will learn up-to-date nutritional science & lifestyle modifications that can boost their health and overall wellness for a lifetime.
- Instead of relying on being prescribed medications again and again for temporary relief, Dr. Angela Carlson uncovers the root causes of your issues and problems and arms clients with the modern tools for healthy living.
- Autoimmune Conditions (IBD, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Multiple Sclerosis, Hashimoto’s Disease, Celiac’s, Crohn’s)
- Digestive Disorders (GERD, heartburn, IBS, SIBO)
- Hormonal Challenges (Feeling “tired & wired”, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, PMS, Hot Flashes, Painful Periods, Mood Swings, PCOS)
- Metabolic Issues & Heart Disease (weight loss blocks, insulin issues, heart health and more)
- Energy Issues, Stress & Chronic Pain (Chronic Fatigue, Adrenal Issues, Fibromyalgia etc)
- Cognitive Issues (Memory Issues, “Brain Fog”)
Take The First Step On Your
Do you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a client? Set up a compliementary 30-minute Discovery Call with Dr. Angela Carlson, ND to explore your case, no obligation.